Join the PRGA Family.
P. R. Glassel and Associates, Inc. is a family-owned, family-orientated engineering consulting firm that provides contract engineering expertise to start-up and Fortune 500 companies across the Midwest. Our unique business model provides our employees with the exciting challenges and variety of contract engineering and the security of full-time employment. In addition, PRGA’s diverse customer base offers a dynamic opportunity to strengthen your foundation of skills and broaden your experience. Join a firm where clients value the expertise of our engineers and their ability to integrate with the team seamlessly and immediately provide a positive impact on the project.
PRGA is currently seeking self-directed, self-motivated software engineers to join our firm. The position includes many elements from the broad spectrum of engineering, which is applied to one or more steps in the product realization process.
- Apply proven engineering processes and personal expertise to solve problems and complete projects
- Understand the business needs of each assigned client and translate them into technical solutions
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to the changing needs of our clients, which includes learning and applying new software languages and development tools while on contract
- Partner with the sales department to network and secure future contracts
- Professionally represent yourself and PRGA when interviewing for a potential contract
- Communicate your knowledge and experiences with PRGA staff to strengthen the technical expertise of the group
- BSCE/BSEE, Minimum 7 years of experience
- Strong experience with embedded systems
- Software Languages: C, C++, and understanding of assembly level
- Operating systems: Windows and Linux
- Complete understanding of the software development process and the discipline to follow it
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to analyze, organize, and prioritize efficiently and effectively
- Drive and passion for improving your engineering abilities through emerging technologies and methods
- Ability to read and understand schematics and other hardware specifications
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to write and speak about technical topics to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in a highly regulated field with a working knowledge of the added requirements
- Experience with a wide range of software languages:
- C#, Java, .NET, Python, Visual Basic, VB.NET, VS, VS.Net, SQL, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with a wide range of operating systems:
- Windows, Linux, Embedded Linux, RT Linux, MicroC/OS-II, Windows CE, Unix, macOS, etc.
- Experience with a wide range of development tools
- Experience working in one or more cloud environments:
- PCB design and layout skills - Altium
PRGA offers an excellent (family flexible) work environment with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a health insurance plan, a flexible benefits plan, and a 401(k) and profit-sharing plan.
- Variety and challenges of being a contract engineer with the stability and benefits of being a full-time employee
- New Projects
- New Challenges
- New perspectives
- New people to teach and learn from
- Change of scenery
- Family business focused on family
- Engineers getting to engineer
- No office politics
- No ladder climbers
- NO LONG H.R. Meeting – meetings usually last less than 15 minutes before one of our bi-monthly breakfast staff meetings
Contact us today: email@example.com